The ACHS Graduate Certificate in Herbal Medicine provides specialized training for Graduate students in the comprehension and application of herbal medicine. Professionals working in the complementary alternative medicine (CAM) field will be able to deepen their knowledge and understanding of botanical medicine.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Herbal Medicine will be able to :
- Synthesize an advanced knowledge of the principles of toxicology and the mechanisms and effect of herb-herb and herb-drug interactions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the toxicology of plant and essential oil constituents, the possible allergic and adverse reactions to herbal products and the influence of herbal quality on potential toxicity.
- Analyze the relative risks and benefits of commonly used botanical substances.
- Compare and contrast knowledge from empirical use with data from current phytochemical, toxicological and epidemiological studies and databases.
- Assemble an advanced knowledge base of the herbal material medica with a strong theoretical understanding of efficacy based on current research.
- Construct a working knowledge of the therapeutic action, active constituents, and methods of administration and regulatory status of each botanical.
- Develop a strong understanding of botany and plant identification with particular emphasis on the practical use of medicinal plants.
- Integrate botanical theory with contemporary methods of reliable plant identification for successful wild-crafting of herbs.
Current Instructors: View full instructor bios and photos online here.
Bachelors degree from US Department of Education approved accredited institution, an admissions interview and recommendation for admission from the Dean of Admissions.
Tuition and Fees:
To estimate the program tuition and fees, click on the required course name below for each Total Course Price.