ACHS Green Campus
As part of our ongoing mission to make the world a better place, the American College of Healthcare Sciences and Apothecary Shoppe College Store continually strives to reduce its environmental footprint. Here are our Top Green Milestones to date:
- ACHS is an Oregon Tilth Certified Organic for the organic products sold in the Apothecary Shoppe College Store and used in ACHS's student lab materials.
- On-going pledge to the PGE Save More, Matter More campaign
- Gold Seal of Approval from Green America's Green Business Network, America’s oldest network of socially and environmentally responsible businesses.
- The ACHS Campus participates in the Portland Composts! program through the Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, which allows us to compost food items and plant material from our botanical teaching garden
- In 2010, ACHS launched the Green Option to help eliminate waste - ACHS students can opt out of printed course materials and choose the Green Option for fully searchable materials online
- The ACHS Botanical Teaching Garden uses a rain barrel system in the botanical teaching garden to collect and harvest rain water
- ACHS employs environmentally friendly construction practices in all our improvement projects including using an all-natural earth plaster (non-toxic clay) in our administrative offices rather than standard drywall to extend existing walls. This process uses a natural clay that can even absorb toxins from other substances! >> Learn more http://www.dioxua.com/services
- On-going commitment to source 100% of our energy for the ACHS campus in Portland, Oregon, only from renewable sources within our area, like wind power
Check back for more information about developing green initiatives from the American College of Healthcare Sciences!