The therapeutic properties of plant oils have long been used to heal and support optimal health and wellness, including to balance emotions, disinfect, and create pleasing environments. Today, the practice of aromatherapy is becoming more popular than ever—in the mainstream medical community and in holistic health community.
As an aromatherapy student at ACHS, you will learn to harness the therapeutic powers of essential oils through every aspect of aromatherapy. You’ll study topics ranging from the history of aromatherapy to chemistry and botany to proper usage and safety—everything you need to know to successfully practice aromatherapy on its own or alongside your other holistic health training.
ACHS's online aromatherapy programs boast a rigorous, Alliance of International Aromatherapists-recognized and National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy-approved, comprehensive curriculum at Certificate, Diploma, and undergraduate and graduate degree levels. Aromatherapy graduates of any 200-hour program (*see programs listed below) are eligible to apply for Aromatherapy Registration Council examination and achieve Registered AromatherapistTM (RA) status; ACHS graduates have a five-year (2009-2013) success rate of 100% on the exam.
We can help you plan the best path for your aromatherapy education and opportunities to earn a wide range of accredited, nationally recognized credentials, including your:
- Certificate in Natural Products Manufacturing Online (CNPM)
- Certificate in Aromatherapy (Cert. Aroma.)*
- Diploma in Aromatherapy (Dip. Aroma.)*
- Associate of Applied Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine with Aromatherapy Major degree*
- Graduate Certificate in Aromatherapy
- Master of Science in Aromatherapy degree*
- Master of Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine degree
- Continuing Education in Aromatherapy
Are you ready to learn more?
The ACHS Department of Aromatherapy looks forward to hearing from you.
You'll receive a number of benefits as an aromatherapy student at ACHS:
- 24/7 access to user-friendly, instructor-led online classrooms,
- Interactive online lectures featuring cutting-edge reseach, video, audio, and custom ACHS eTextbooks to guide you step-by-step
- Regular interaction with your your instructor and collaboration with your classmates to facilitate learning and building life-long friendships
- Access to our comprehensive Virtual Library, including the Natural Medicines Database and Alt HealthWatch Database.
- Eligibility for student and graduate membership to ABMP at a discount, which covers business needs, wellness and insurance, travel and leisure, and online and wireless services.
- Once-in-a-lifetime study travel opportunities to the Mediterranean and Indonesia, where you will receive advanced aromatherapy education with a focus on therapeutic perfumery blending, wildcrafting botanicals, and distillation (and experience an educational adventure of a lifetime!).