Introduction to Aromatherapy Online
Aroma 101 provides students with an in-depth understanding of the history and uses of essential oils including basic methods of administration and therapeutic actions of each of the oils studied. This 3-credit course is the first level of aromatherapy training at ACHS.
Upon successful completion of this course, each student will be able to:
- Discuss aromatherapy, its history, and development
- Identify and safely use nineteen essential oils, from bergamot Citrus aurantium var. bergamia to ylang ylang Cananga odorata, including methods of application
- Assess the quality of essential oils and understand the primary production methods
- Describe the physiology of the sense of smell
- Give an overview of the limbic system, lymphatic system, immune system, and skin, along with methods of absorption of essential oils
- Discuss how essential oils interact on physical and emotional levels
- Describe the major chemical constituents of essential oils
- Identify contraindications and safety issues
- Create a blend and choose from a range of carrier oils
Maximum Enrollment: 30 students
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping to the continental United States—is $624.00. This includes:
- ACHS Textbook eBook (Optional: Printed copy available for an additional $76)
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) $99
- Aroma 101 Essential Oil Kit (5-ml bottles of 21 certified organic or wildcrafted oils, 2-ml bottles of Neroli, Rose Attar, and Sandalwood, and one 5-ml bottle of Rose Perfume Oil for lab testing and practical work). Students are required to work with the assigned essential oil kit to ensure lab work is consistent and meaningful. If you have your own oils, we invite you to conduct organoleptic lab testing on both as a comparison.
- Wooden custom designed essential oil storage box
- 6, 5-ml glass amber bottles for blending
- Lab Kit: Bath Salts
- Lab Kit: Aromatic Room Spray
Total Course Price: $915 (3 credits x $305 per credit) + $624.00 Course Pack = $1539.00
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses.
- Interactive, instructor-led ACHS online classroom. Your instructor grades your work - ACHS does not outsource grading!
- Online: Basics of Perfume Making DVD
- Online: Aromamassage DVD online
- Online lectures updated with the latest information and applicable research.
- Assessments designed to enhance your understanding as well as assess your learning to date.
- Discussions with your instructor and classmates help you learn more, plus you'll make new friends from around the world with the same interests in holistic health and aromatherapy.
- 24/7 access gives you flexibility to study with your busy lifestyle. Study in your PJs!
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online.
- Associate of Applied Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine Online (AAS)
- Associate of Applied Sciences in Health and Wellness
- Certificate in Aromatherapy Online (Cert. Aroma)
- Certificate in Natural Products Manufacturing Online (CNPM)
- Diploma in Aromatherapy Master Aromatherapist Online (Dip. Aroma.)