The focus of the Certificate in Aromatherapy is holistic aromatology. Holistic aromatology focuses on restoration of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health through the application of essential oils. We use the terms “aromatherapy” and “aromatology” interchangeably throughout the program.
- Meets the curriculum requirements of the NAHA Level Two education standards
- Is the only nationally accredited Alliance of International Aromatherapists' Level II Clinical Aromatherapy training program
- Qualifies graduates to sit the national registration exam with the Aromatherapy Registration Council (http://www.aromatherapycouncil.org) to become a Registered Aromatherapist (RA)
ACHS Aromatherapy graduates have a five year (2008-2012) success rate of 97.2% on the Aromatherapy Registration Council National Exam leading to registration as a Registered Aromatherapist.
Graduates of the Certificate in Aromatherapy will be able to:
- Outline the steps to set up a business, including insurance, management, legal issues, ethics, including AHG ethics and ARC requirements, keeping records, listening and observation skills, informed consent, marketing, business planning, nutritional, lifestyle, and wellness counseling
- Locate information from state regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with local and state requirements
- Educate others about appropriate holistic health protocols using essential oils to support and rebalance the body and restore wellness for general good health
- Discuss aromatherapy, its history, use, and status of current research, including how to locate studies in peer-reviewed journals
- Blend and administer essential oils safely
- Discuss the Latin names, therapeutic uses, active constituents, methods of administration, and cautions and contraindications for each of the essential oils studied
- Indicate when to refer individuals to their licensed healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment
View all ACHS instructor bios, photos and courses taught online here.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency and recommendation for admission by the ACHS Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees:
To estimate the program tuition and fees, click on the required course name below for each Total Course Price.
The required course sequence for this program is published in the ACHS Program Catalog available to download online here.