The Certificate in Holistic Nutrition Consulting provides training in how to legally and successfully operate a nutritional consulting practice including how to create lifestyle plans to support optimal health.
- Holistic Nutrition Consultant
- Nutritional Consultant
- Wellness Educator
- Addition to current healthcare practice
Graduates of the Certificate in Holistic Nutrition Consulting will be able to implement tools for increased health and well-being and a more natural, balanced way of life. Students also learn how to implement principles of nutrition, nutritional biochemistry, acid alkaline balance, fasting, food combining, transitional daily diet, wheat grass therapy, and sprouting as well as additional lifestyle modifications and holistic health protocols.
Specifically, graduates of the Certificate in Holistic Nutrition Consulting will be able to:
- Outline the steps to set up a business, including insurance, management, legal issues, ethics, including AHG ethics and ARC requirements, keeping records, listening and observation skills, informed consent, marketing, business planning, nutritional, lifestyle, and wellness counseling
- Locate information from state regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with local and state requirements
- Educate others about appropriate holistic health protocols to support and rebalance the body and restore wellness for general good health
- Discuss nutrition and the status of current research, including how to locate studies in peer-reviewed journals
- Indicate when to refer individuals to their licensed healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment
- Educate others about the basics of nutrition and the importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle in the support of long-term health
- Discuss and describe the body’s structure and function in a healthy state
- Understand and identify the mechanical and biochemical changes caused by a variety of diseases or imbalances to be able to address system imbalances and provide education that individuals can use to restore wellness
- Discuss current topics in holistic nutrition and be able to provide current evidenced based support
- Implement tools for increased health and well-being and a more natural, balanced way of life
- Apply principles of nutrition, nutritional biochemistry, acid alkaline balance, fasting, food combining, transitional daily diet, wheatgrass therapy, and sprouting to daily life
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency and recommendation for admission by the ACHS Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees:
To estimate the program tuition and fees, click on the required course name below for each Total Course Price.
The required course sequence for this program is published in the ACHS Program Catalog available to download online here.