The Graduate Certificate in Anatomy and Physiology provides specialized training for Graduate students in the structure and function of the human body and how it behaves as a dynamic community of interdependent parts. Professionals working in the CAM field will be able to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the structure and function of the human organ systems.
Those obtaining a Graduate Certificate in Anatomy and Physiology will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong theoretical understanding of anatomy and its relationship to physiology and how structure relates to function.
- Be able to compare and contrast specific pathological conditions and show clinical connections to each body systems and system interrelationships.
- Review and critically evaluate primary research on CAM protocols and construct case studies using validated protocols.
- Define the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations of disease and the impact of behavioral factors, life-style choices and environmental factors on the cause and progression of disease.
- Identify the use of CAM modalities to provide natural support options in these disease conditions and when a client should be referred to their licensed health care provider.
- Summarize the CAM modalities such as aromatherapy, homeopathy, dynamic phytotherapy, herbal medicine, nutrition and lifestyle changes and how these may be beneficial in supporting health.
View all ACHS instructor bios, photos and courses taught online here.
Candidates must possess a baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education. Candidates must submit official transcripts directly from the issuing institution along with one professional letter of recommendation. All applicants must be recommended for admission by the ACHS Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees:
To estimate the program tuition and fees, click on the required course name below for each Total Course Price.
The required course sequence for this program is published in the ACHS Program Catalog available to download online here.