This course provides students with beginning skills and theory to be an effective holistic health coach for individuals or groups wanting to improve their health. The course work presents skills that enable students to carefully co-create an interactive, embodied conversation that will invite and encourage growth and progress for all those it touches.
These skills can be applied to a clinical, organizational, and leadership setting. This course provides an understanding and practice of coaching principles such as core coaching competencies, readiness for change and transition theory, energy anatomy in coaching, and personal constitution. It incorporates behavioral change theories and models of health assessment, including health belief, adult learning, motivational interviewing and program evaluation. The course comes from a holistic/integral perspective so participants can assist others and themselves in a change process. The course provides practice sessions for students to apply the theoretical principles through telephone coaching sessions and mock coaching sessions.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is required to achieve the program objectives for the Master of Science in Health Wellness, the Master of Science in Aromatherapy, the Master of Science in Herbal Medicine and the Graduate Certificate in Wellness Coaching.
Required Materials (Course Pack)
The Required Materials (or Course Pack) cost—including standard shipping to the continental United States—is $108. This includes:
- Online Materials and Library Resources (OMLR) $100
The Required Publisher Textbooks:
- Arloski, M. (2009). Wellness Coaching for Lasting Lifestyle Change. Whole Person Associates, Inc. ISBN: 97815702522111 $29.95
- Ivey, A. & Ivey, M.B. (2010). Intentional Interviewing and Counseling. Brooks Cole. ISBN: 9780495601234 $163.95
Total Course Price: $1335 (3 credits x $445 per credit) + $108 Course Pack + $193.90 Required Textbooks = $1636.90
Does not include Registration Fee, which is $200 per program or $30 per credit if enrolling in single courses:
- Interactive, instructor-led ACHS online classroom.
- Online lectures updated with the latest information and applicable research.
- Regular tests designed to enhance your understanding as well as assess your learning to date.
- Ongoing, instructor-led and peer-to-peer discussions for each module to enhance your learning and connect you with your fellow students, all of whom are adult learners from varying walks of life, enriching your learning experience. Add to discussions 24/7, giving you flexibility to work in with your busy lifestyle.
- Bonus: Access to the ACHS Wellness Guide Online